Design researcher, product strategist, & cognitive scientist.
Read more articles on Medium
My research philosophy is one of solving problems. I have over 10 years of research experience, and have provided design research and UX strategy for start-up, enterprise, and open-source products. Before moving into digital products, I did research in cognitive science and behavior (I have a PhD in Neuroscience), which has given me a pretty broad skillset in qualitative and quantitative research methods.
As a researcher, I have learned a few things:
1. How to figure out which problem is important enough to solve, and why it is important
2. Which questions to ask to solve the problem, and which answers are important
3. How to turn observations into practical solutions
4. How to communicate significance to an interested audience, and to decision-making stakeholders
5. How to lead without authority, and how to collaborate when everyone has equal say
My experience and skillset let me shine as a UX researcher & product strategist, and to understand the true value of product design, because a well-designed product has little significance if it’s not solving somebody’s problem.